Renesa is the Official Media and Publication House of Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat. We function as the institute's primary college publication, institutionalized by the official Student Council Constitution. Renesa's primary aim is to keep the people of SVNIT well-informed and fully aware of important issues, events, and achievements related to the college and serve as a platform for the creative expression of thoughts through writing and design. In order to achieve the high standards we set for ourselves, we put the utmost focus on the quality of our work.
Renesa publishes its signature magazines throughout the year, focusing on a variety of themes, along with college-centric farewell editions, yearbooks, and newsletters. These magazines contain something for all our avid readers, ranging from educational and analytical pieces to humorous and entertaining stories. Our magazines contain insightful interviews with great personalities of SVNIT, including professors, alumni, and even current students.
Our college newsletter, known as "Times of SVNIT", is published 2 times every year - in December and April. This newsletter focuses on the student body's achievements and include the following:
1. Reports/articles about major college events (fests, tournaments, competitions, etc.)
2. Reports/articles about the activities/events of every student chapter of SVNIT (reports written by the respective Magazine Coordinators of each student chapter)
3. A section that features major individual achievements of SVNIT students. A Google Form has been circulated by the Dean (Students Welfare) to all the students for this.
Renesa runs a regular podcast called "Renesa Unscripted" where we cover entertaining stories, interviews, and informational episodes. The first several episodes of Renesa Unscripted are focused on exam preparation. Renesa conducts conversational and informative interviews with alumni or people who have taken and excelled in the exam being discussed. These personalities share their experiences, stories about how they prepared for the exams, and what an aspiring candidate can do to prepare well for them. Renesa has published episodes on GRE (Graduate Record Examinations), Masters in the United States, UPSC, GATE, and CAT already and is working on episodes about preparation strategies for IELTS, TOEFL, and many more common examinations. Renesa has also published a few audiobook episodes/narrated stories and other exciting content.
We also extend the reach of our content by publishing and sharing it online through various social media platforms — where we feature major accomplishments of the students/clubs of our institute, informative reviews, social concerns, tech-related news, and various other subjects. Renesa has an in-house team of correspondents, writers, editors, designers, audio editors, and video editors, all of whom work together to produce high-quality content for our readers. Our members develop a plethora of useful professional skills through their work at Renesa, including writing, designing, editing, communication, advertising, leadership, creative expression, and time management skills.
Renesa has a glorious past and has always strived to serve as the unbiased voice of the student body. Renesa has featured guest articles by the likes of the following great personalities in past editions of its magazines:
1. Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam — the Honourable Former President of India, politician, aerospace scientist, Bharat Ratna awardee, and Missile Man of India.
2. Dr. Shashi Tharoor — the incumbent Member of Parliament from Thiruvananthapuram in the Lok Sabha, politician, writer, former international diplomat, former Under-Secretary-General for Communications and Public Information of the United Nations, and former Minister of State for External Affairs and Human Resource Development.
Renesa strives to continue its work wholeheartedly, keep growing, and make the world a place where ignorance and prejudice are replaced by knowledge and understanding.